Wednesday 6 February 2013

Weddings and Waitangi Day

Man I love days off work. Knowing I don't have to go to work when I should be somehow gives me more motivation to sew than any other time. And man did I take advantage of that time today.

I almost-finished another dress I might wear to the wedding this month, as I'm not convinced about the duvet-cover dress. It's not my best work. Plus I like to have options. It's Retro Butterick 5748 from 1960, which is pretty much the latest year I'll go in terms of historical fashion recreation. Anything after that is just fugly.

 

Going to embellish the bodice with something just not sure what yet. And as it's midnight blue satin it will also go awesomely with this gorge pair of bright blue t-bar shoes I bought recently, which the duvet cover dress certainly doesn't satisfy.

Then I had some beer.


Thought I'd start with the reliable old favourite Monteith's Golden. Next post I will try Boundary Road's Chocolate Moose, as featured in my cover photo. Flatmate didn't want it as apparently it's gross, but I will make my own judgement on that next time.

Also worked on one of the bridesmaid's dresses some more, and started proper on the epic wedding dress. There is so much fabric!! And it's going to look absolutely divine, if I do say so myself. Wish I could show you, but it's a secret.

Next post: chocolate beer and hopefully finishing that 1960 number without it looking too 1960s.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, yay! I love your blogs so much - I can't wait until after the wedding when you can put up pics galore!!

    ReplyDelete