Monday 17 June 2013

Lady of Leisure

Sorry for the huge absence, folks! But I've now quit my job and have a few weeks off before my vet nursing course starts and I plan to make the most of it! To get back into the swing of things as I'm sure I've gotten a little rusty, I've started small...


...With this dress from 1958.



...This blouse a la Isobel Crawley from Downton Abbey.




...This dress from the late 40's.



...And this dress from 1922.



Apologies for the quality of the photos, my camera's a piece of shit!


I actually spent my first week off in Samoa, where cheap fabric is plentiful. I bought some beautiful maroon lace and embroidered satin intended for a yummy Edwardian gown at some stage, and a bunch of Pacifica-inspired prints (most are made in Thailand, but that's not the point). Also featuring in the photo below is Samoa's own beer Vailima, and it's bloody nice actually. The Export Lager was my favourite, and at 6.7% it's got quite a kick!



I may do one more little project before I start on something more epic, but I haven't yet decided what that will be. I keep changing my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment