Sunday 28 July 2013

Finished patchwork apron

So I finished the patchwork apron a little while ago and gave it to Better Half for his birthday. I think he'd forgotten about it by then so it still ended up being a surprise! Here is the handsome fellow modelling it:



He's going to put it to good use this evening to cook us a beer-can roast chicken! And while obtaining said beer-can this afternoon I spotted this ginger beer that I thought I'd try.



Don't like it. Far too bitter. It's hard to find a good alcoholic ginger beer, and I've only managed to come across two so far that I actually like - the one by The Sprig and Fern Brewery and a new beer called Ranga, the name of which some people got their knickers all in a twist about. Maybe I should just stick to what I know.

In other news fabric has been obtained for my next wedding dress project - don't actually know if it's supposed to be a secret or not, so I should probably ask my bride - but actual construction probably won't start on that until September. In the meantime though, I've started a party dress from the remaining maroon fabric from the Edwardian dress to wear to said wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment